Yes, this is sort of a long way away from Australia, but it does provide a bit of a model for future thinking here in Australia. Plus, the Canadian Council for the Americas has a superb group of speakers lined up for what looks like a fascinating discussion. Something to look into if you happen to have a trip scheduled for the Northeast of North America.
The CCA is pleased to announce that we will be Knowledge Partners at the Toronto Global Forum. The CCA will moderate a panel on Americas issues (details to follow in the coming days).
TORONTO GLOBAL FORUM DETAILS
The International Economic Forum of the Americas presents the 6th annual Toronto Global Forum. The next edition of the Forum will take place on October 2nd and 3rd, 2012 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre under the general theme of “Leading Economic Change”. Former US Secretary of State, James Baker, will be among the keynotes on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the Canada-US Free Trade agreement. Over the years, the Toronto Forum has become a strategic platform for discussions and corporate insights into the global economy, with significant local, national and international media participation. The event brings together senior level decision makers in business, diplomacy and public policy from across the world. This year’s forum will focus on Finance, the Global Economy, Natural Resources, Mining and Infrastructure.
Highlighted speakers at the 2012 Toronto Global Forum include:
• Jorge Quiroga, Former President, Republic of Bolivia
• Ana Maria Carrasquilla, President, Fondo Latinoamericano de Reservas (FLAR) (Colombia)
• Matheus Cotta de Carvalho, President, Banco de Desenvolvimento de Minas Gerais S.A. (Brazil)
• Jorge Corvalan, President, Central Bank of Paraguay
• Janice Brewer, Governor, State of Arizona
• Salvador Escobedo, Founder and Managing Partner, Solam Group (Panama)
• Tomas Malaga, Chief Economist, Itau Private Bank International (Brazil)
• Enrique S. Mantilla, Chairman, Argentine Chamber of Exporters (Argentina)
• Aram Shishmanian, CEO, World Gold Council
• Leonardo illar, Executive Director, Fedesarrollo (Colombia)
For more information please consult the Toronto Global Forum website at forum-americas.org/toronto or contact Mr. Neal Poku at 1 416 607-5422 ext. 207.